Arnica is a wonder herb for sore muscles. It must be used externally but when added to a slave it is an amazing thing. Here are some places where arnica really shines.
- can be massaged into muscles before and after a workout
- helps repair overworked muscles, even sprains and tendon injuries
- has the ability to strengthen, protect and prepare the body for activity
- relieves the pain of rheumatoid arthritis and tension headaches
- soothes bruises
- stimulates circulation
- reduces inflammation and relieves associated pain and swelling of injuries
Unfortunately many of the over the counter arnica blends are made from a petroleum derived, chemically laiden compounds. Ick. Definitely not something I want to massage into aching muscles.
To use: Rub onto sore or injured muscles. DO NOT apply to broken skin. DO NOT take internally.
You will feel a cool, soothing effect and then deep warming. It may take a few uses for you to feel the full effect of this salve.